A New Way to Register For School
A new convenient and streamlined process to register your child in Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools will begin on January 11, 2017.
The following information will help determine if this process will apply to you. If your answer is yes to any of the following questions, you will register through the new online registration process:
Is my child new to Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools?
- Do I have a child that will be turning five years old on or before December 31, 2017?
- Do I want to register my child in French Immersion?
- Do I want to register my child in Late French Immersion?
- Do I want to register my child at Departure Bay Eco-School?
- Do I want to register my child in secondary academies? (Hockey, Soccer, Beach Volleyball, Lacrosse, Baseball, Performing Arts or Jazz)
- Do I want to apply for a school transfer request (out-of-catchment)?
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Photo or scan showing proof of citizenship (ie. Birth certificate)
- Photo or scan showing proof of Canadian residency (ie. Mortgage or bank statement, utility bill, driver’s license, etc.)
Online registration will begin on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 8 a.m.Pacific Standard Time.
Early and Late French Immersion, and Departure Bay Eco-school students will have until January 31, 2017 to register online. Student selection will once again be determined by lottery, with parents being notified by Friday, February 3, 2016.
New Academy, Out-of-Catchment and Out of District student registrations will be prioritized by date and time submitted online.
For more information please visit the district website or by emailing email@example.com.