Is your child too sick to go to school?
Keep children at home if they have…
- a fever, and keep them home for 24 hours after
the fever is gone.
- vomiting or diarrhea, and keep them home for 24
hours after the last episode.
- a severe sore throat.
- a rash with no known cause.
- a severe cough especially with other symptoms
like a runny nose and headache.
- redness, swelling or discharge of the eyes, ears
or skin, unless treated.
- been acting unwell and have little energy to
join in school activities.
Here is some information from BC Healthlink for your reference and also can be shared with students and parents (multilingual copies available on-line)
Click HERE for information about colds and the flu
Click HERE for information about hand, foot and Mouth Disease
Click HERE for information about hand washing as a great way to keep your child healthy and reduce the chances of infection.
information on any health topic?
HealthLink BC: Dial 811 or go to http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/ to speak with a Registered Nurse 24 hours a day, every day of